Friday 18 January 2008

New Day

Good morning everyone and Thank you so much for your kind comments,much appreciated.
I thought today was going to be another dry day,but now I can hear rain falling on our conservatory roof so that throws that idea out of the window.The forecast doesn't look very promising for the next few days with rain falling right through until Tuesday.Where will it all end...
My garden is starting to look like a paddy field and if I walk off of the stepping stones across the lawn then it is like a quagmire.I feel sorry for anyone who gets flooded out this time and I know that there are still lots of people having to live in Caravans because of last years floods...

I am desperate to start getting some more ground prepared over at our allotments,but dare not even think about it until it is drier..

I managed to get out again for another brisk walk round the village.I love getting out in the fresh air,well that's if you can call it fresh,cough cough..

I was watching that programme last night on the TV about how much rubbish that goes into the food we eat,salt,sugar, and fat.I am having to change my eating habits becausewhat with suffering with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome{PCOS} and now going through the dreaded menopause,these last few years I have found my weight has gone up even more and it is getting harder and harder to lose it....
I am trying hard to cut right back on my sugar intake,though it is hard with me having a sweet tooth.Once the last of the Christmas chokkies have all gone I am determined to cut down.I only eat the low salt anyway and always cut off all the fat that I can see on any meat that I buy.It is a nightmare when I go shopping because it takes hours to raed all the info on the backs of the products.I have never been one for eating lots of raedy meals and since the New Year I have started making all my own cottage & steak pies,filled with lots of good vegetables and topped with potatoes that have had no milk or cream added.I am proud with myself at saving myself a small fortune by not buying that disgusting gloop,the shops try to palm us off with.Who are they trying to kid.Their cottage pies don't even look edible as well as being laced with a cocktail of chemicals,half of which I can't even pronounce,and that is with my glasses on.
Enjoy your day everyone in all you do.Just off to find my water wings....

No comments: