Tuesday 15 January 2008

When will it end

Well we have it very windy with heavy rains today.I feel sorry for those poor folk who lost everything last year when they got flooded out of their homes.Some of them are still living in Caravans and will do so for many more months to come.Fingers crossed that everyone will be ok today.

I have been preparing the meat and vegetables to put in my slow cooker and the smell is divine as the mixture starts to heat up.Stuart and I always had one of these on the go when we used to live in our old house and there was nothing better than to go for a nice long walk along by the gravel pits and river when there had been a good hoar frost,and to come home and tuck into a large plate full of stew & dumplings..yummy.

I will have to venture down to the greenhouse soon to feed Punky and Mabel the Guneia Pigs we took on last year from a family that had a son who started having problems and used to come out in hives..Yuk.I have had to wait until it gets light because the back garden at the moment is very wet and muddy and I don't fancy slipping over again like I have done twice already...

No comments: